It is hard to write a real recap and come away with significant thoughts against the level of competition we played, but here are a few observations.
- Mykel Jones is a stud. There should never be a game where he does not see the field.
- Same Perine may never get hit like he did against Houston. Poor #9 for ULM tried twice and just got destroyed.
- If Jarvis Baxter can hold on to the ball, he will have a pretty good season. He showed off his speed and elusiveness.
- Really impressed with Caleb Kelly. Seems like he was everywhere and in every play.
- Baker was solid, missed a couple throws to Jeffrey Mead but other than that he had a really good game.
- Defensive line played surprisingly well considering Austin Roberts and Matt Dimon were suspended.
- Still on the defensive line subject, Neville Gallimore is a freak. He needs to be on the field a ton, guy can play.
- Defensively, OU is loaded with young talent and it showed last night.
- Dakota Austin got zero meaningful stats. He is really going to have to work his way up to get back on Bob’s good side.
- Russell Westbrook was there with a Boz jersey on. I can’t think of anything more glorious.
- Joe Mixon is crazy good. When he gets into the open field, good luck.
- Mark Andrews should be a first round pick. He gets open like a WR, has the hands of a WR, the speed of a WR and the body of a TE.
- Michiah Quick played. Didn’t do anything good or anything bad but he played.
- On the CB note, I would imagine Parrish Cobb gets the start next week but it depends on practice this week.
I don’t know about you but I can’t WAIT for Ohio State to come to Norman next week. This was a great tune up game, but we are going to have to bring our A game if we want to upset the Buckeyes.
Comment if you have more observations and be sure to check back later in the week for the Ohio State-OU preview. Boomer!